Skip to content


About this site:

This site is not managed by the core dev team but by the community as always do your own research. Nothing in this site should constitute as financial advice.

What makes the CORE token different?

Most projects in the DeFi space rely on highly inflationary farming processes to create the impression of yield generation, with usually devastating long term price effects. The CORE team has pioneered a combination of permanently locked liquidityfixed token supply and a fee on token transfers which is redistributed among coreDAO stakers, in order to create a unique sustainable deflationary yield farming process. The locked liquidity and impossibility to mint new tokens furthermore ensure that the CORE token has a rising price floor.

What is the supply of the CORE token?

CORE was created with a maximum supply of 10,000 tokens and there is absolutely no way to create new CORE tokens.

Following the 8300 CORE burn which preceded the launch of cLEND, and the ~98 CORE which was burnt to mine Fanny, there are currently ~1602 CORE tokens in circulation (subject to further burn mechanisms).

The exact amount of CORE burnt is tracked on

Where can I buy CORE?

You can currently buy CORE on Uniswap.

Make sure to check out CORE on Coingecko or Coinmarketcap to find the correct trading pair.

How do we farm CORE when it’s deflationary ?

Every transfer and trade of CORE is subject to a 1% fee, which goes inside the COREVault contract and is farmable. These fees will be distributed to coreDAO stakers therefore providing rewards without inflation.

Will we be able to farm CORE with tokens other than coreDAO?

The community governance will have to decide on future pools. Based on yield farming strategies it is in their interest to do so. As soon as governance launches there will be proposals to vote on (including by the CORE team).

At which rate were CORE LPs converted to coreDAO?

The conversion rates were as follows:

  • LP1 (CORE-ETH): 2350 coreDAO
  • cmLP2 (CORE-BTC): 9250 coreDAO
  • LP3 (CORE-DAI): 45 coreDAO

Can I unstake my coreDAO tokens?

Yes, you are free to move your coreDAO tokens around as you wish. Staking and unstaking is possible on the corefinance.eth/ website under the “Farm” tab.

Why did claimable CORE balance disappear after staking new coreDAO tokens in the vault?

All staking actions auto-harvest any pending CORE rewards. Check your wallet to verify the CORE is there.

What is the price floor of CORE?

Due to CORE’s fundamentals, i.e. permanently locked liquidity and impossibility to mint new tokens, the CORE token has a price floor.

Following the launch of cLEND, CORE has a price floor in form of a 5500 DAI loan that can be taken per 1 CORE.

What are the incentives of the CORE team?

Initially there is a 1% fee on token transfers, with 7% of the fees accumulated being used as a dev fee. The remaining 93% get distributed to the staked coreDAO.

What are the advantages of cLend over other lending protocols?

The following table depicts the main differences between different products in the lending space compared with CORE Lend.

On-chainCollateral is risk-free
from price movement
Mortgages in TradFiNoNo
Loans in TradFiNoYes
Regular Loans in DeFi
(Aave, Compound, Cream…)
CORE LendYesYes
cLend Comparison

The first column (i.e., On-Chain) in the table is whatever they are on-chain or off-chain lending options. The second column (i.e., Risk-Free collateral) is the product has no liquidation risk from price movement of the underlying collateral.

CORE Lending is able to achieve this through the design of the ecosystem and its networking effects. The floor price and locked liquidity features are an essential component to achieve all of this.